biomedical textiles, specializing in braided and
nonwoven components for medical devices.
In the race to develop new products, or to conduct in-process testing during manufacturing, there is no substitute for having an in-house capability for critical material testing. At US BioDesign, we conduct material testing using industry-standard ASTM test methods. Alternatively, we have a network of qualified partner companies for specialized testing that we outsource.
Physical property testing capabilities include:
- ASTM D3786 and ASTM D3787 Fabric Burst Testing
- ASTM D5034 Breaking strength and elongation of fabrics
- ASTM D1777 Thickness of textile materials
- ASTM D3822 Tensile properties of fibers
- USP Suture diameter and tensile testing
- Fabric construction analysis (Braided, knitted, woven)
- Water permeability
- Pore size measurement
- Digital photo-microscopy
- SEM analysis
- DSC testing for active Af
- Biocompatibility testing
In-House Material Testing for Biomedical Textiles
Our customers can choose how involved they want to be in overseeing test protocols and working directly with our Quality and Engineering staffs.
If you have questions about our material testing capabilities, please contact US BioDesign today.