PTFE Felt Sheets & Surgical Pledgets
US BIODESIGN is the first and only ISO 13485 qualified company to manufacture 100% PTFE felt sheets in the United States using a proprietary, needle punched, nonwoven process. Our nonwoven felt sheets are made exclusively from a medical grade of PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene) fiber, sourced directly from an ISO 13485 qualified manufacturer. We are proud to announce this sets a new quality standard for medical grade PTFE felt, now available for sale to the medical device industry.
Benefits of US BioDesign's Nonwoven PTFE Felt Sheets
Here are some key benefits of sourcing your nonwoven PTFE felt sheets from US BIODESIGN:
- 100% medical grade PTFE fiber sourced from an ISO 13485 manufacturer
- Pure PTFE fiber with no color additives, no carbon residual, no polyester scrim
- 100% medical grade PTFE felt sheets pass biocompatibility testing
US BIODESIGN PTFE Felt Sheets are used by suture OEMs to produce various shapes and sizes of non-absorbable suture pledgets. Pledgets are used by surgeons as suture buttresses to protect delicate tissue from possibility of the suture cutting into/through the tissue.
PTFE pledgets are used in a variety of surgical procedures.
- Cardiovascular repair
- Orthopedic repair
- Vascular closure
- Septal repair
- Myocardial closure
- Heart valve suturing
- Soft tissue repair
PTFE felt pledgets have been used in surgery because of the following advantages:
- Smooth texture
- Chemically inert
- Low friction
- No known contraindications
PTFE Felt Sheets are customizable.
PTFE felt sheets are available in 3 standard densities. They can also be made to your specifications.
- 950 grams per square meter (Soft)
- 1500 grams per square meter (Firm, Hard)
- 1900 grams per square meter (Soft, extra dense)
Nonwoven felt sheets are available in standard sheets of 6” x 6” (15.2 cm x 15.2cm) , Smaller sheets or strips may be available for special order requests.
PTFE felts are offered in standard sheet sizes, but can be customized.
- The PTFE standard size is 6” x 6” (15.2 cm x 15.2 cm) – the most popular sheet size for PTFE surgical felt
- Custom sizes upon request.
- Minimum orders for PTFE felt sheets are 300 pieces.
PTFE felt is sterilized using Ethylene Oxide (ETO).
Contact Us Today About Lifesaving Biomedical Textiles
We invite you to learn more about our process, materials, and pricing.
To find out whether US BioDesign Felt Sheets is the best option for your surgical pledgets application, call and talk to one of our engineers today (267-450-8860), or click here to Start A Project or Contact us.